Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spaghetti with Creamy Butternut Scallion Parmesan Sauce

I dont know about any of you but, Im pretty wild about squash.  This seemed ideal for a Sunday night dinner & plus, for the first time in a few months, I got to use my Ninja blender / food processor that my very thoughtful boyfriend gave me for Xmas 2 years ago.  I love that sucker.

Recipe from Skinny Taste dot com
Yields 4 servings
266 calories per serving

INGREDIENTS
1 lb butternut squash, peeled & diced
1 tbsp margarine
8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
4 scallions, cut into 1 in pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c parmesan cheese, shredded
salt & pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
Bring a pot of water to boil.
Add squash & cook until soft, about 9 minutes.
Remove squash with a slotted spoon & place into food processor; blend until smooth.

Add pasta to the boiling water & cook al dente.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the margarine, saute garlic & scallions over medium-low heat for 5 - 6 mintues, until golden brown.
Add pureed squash & season with salt & pepper.
Stir in parmesan cheese & pour over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment