Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cheesy Mashed Potatoes

I made for Thanksgiving and it was kind of lucky because I didnt realize that I was cooking until the day before. I had pulled this recipe for myself for dinner for this past week & it was fitting. I ended up doubling it because I was feeding two men and myself & mashed potatoes tend to go quickly in my family.

Recipe from BHG dot com
Yields 4 servings.
281 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
2 lbs red skinned potatoes, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 c whipping cream
1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

In a large pot cook potatoes for 15 - 20 minutes, until tender.
Drain & place into a large bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
Season with salt & pepper.

Grease a casserole dish & spoon potatoes into dish.

In a chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with chilled beaters of an electric beater on medium speed until soft peaks form & fold in cheese.
Spoon cheese mixture over potatoes.
Bake for 20 minutes & sprinkle with additional pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment