Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cucumber & Black Eyed Pea Salad

Apparently, I was feeling in the mood for Mediterranean food this week because both of the lunch dishes I chose involved feta cheese and cucumbers.  I have been on quite a feta kick lately.  A few weeks ago I made the boyfriend & I this feta & spinach dish that we ate the crap out of!


Recipe from Eating Well dot com.
Yields 6 servings.
160 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp oregano
pepper, to taste
2 cucumbers, peeled & diced
1 can black beans, rinsed
2/3 c red bell pepper, diced
1/2 c feta, crumbled
1/4 c red onion, silvered

DIRECTIONS
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, & pepper in a large bowl.
Add cucumber, black beans, bell pepper, feta, & onion.
Toss to coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment