Sunday, January 22, 2012

Three Cheese Manicotti

I really do love Italian food. I cant say it's my favourite sort of food because, Im such a freakin' glutton, I cant name a favourite. I guess I feel like of all of the genres/types of food, I feel Im best at preparing Italian. It's probably also because when I started cooking, ziti was always my go-to dish.

Recipe from Better Homes Test Kitchen.
Yields 10 servings.
236 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
20 dry manicotti shells
2 1/2 c low-fat, part-skim ricotta cheese
2 c part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 eggs
1/3 c parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
32 oz tomato sauce

DIRECTIONS
Cook manicotti shells according to package.
[Basically, bring a large pot of water to a boil, place shells in water & cook for 7 minutes.]

While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 c of mozzarella, eggs, parmesan, salt, & pepper.
This will be your filling.

Preheat oven to 350.
Spread 1 c tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.
Spoon 3 tbsp into each shell & place into baking dish.
Pour remaining tomato sauce over top of shells.

Bake for 40 minutes.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, & bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.



I dont know if it's because I havent made Italian food in a few months but, this was DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment