Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crunchy Garlic Chicken

My boyfriend makes a version of this without the crunchies & I thought Id try my hand at this one. I will say that I like his better but, this one is still really good. Also very filling, which is such a positive when it comes to low calorie meals. This recipe yields 6 servings but, I only made 4 because I wanted some leftovers for my lunch during the week. Im going to post the original recipe, though. It's what I used and I just had a little extra of the two mixtures.

Recipe from Betty Crocker.
Yields 6 servings.
280 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
1/4 c margarine, melted
2 tbsp 1% milk
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 c whole grain Total cereal, crushed
1/2 tsp paprika
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425.
Spray a 13x9 dish with cooking spray.

In a shallow bowl, mix 2 tbsp of the margarine, the milk, chives, salt, and garlic powder.
In a different shallow bowl, mix cereal and paprika.

Dip chicken into milk mixture coating both sides & then into cereal mixture also coating both sides.
Repeat with each breast & place into baking dish.

Drizzle remaining melted margarine over top of the breasts.

Bake uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment