Sunday, January 22, 2012

Confetti Potato Salad

This was unexpectedly really, really good. I mean, I wouldnt of printed it if I thought it wasnt going to be that great but, that was the perfect mix. This dish is also another instance that I wasnt so sure of the ranch dressing as a flavor but truly, it added a LOT to the mix. Another thing that shocked me was the low calorie count with so many potatoes.

Recipe from BHG dot com.
Yields 8 servings.
108 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
1.5 lbs red potatoes (about 3 medium)
1 c fresh green beans, trimmed & cut into 1 inch pieces
2 c broccoli florets
1/2 c carrots, shredded
1/2 c low fat ranch dressing
1/4 tsp pepper

DIRECTIONS
Cut potatoes into 1/2 in cubes & place into a large skillet.
Add water to cover & bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, & cook for 5 - 7 minutes.
Drain well & set aside to cool.

Wipe out that same skillet & bring 2 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
Pour in green beans & return to boil.
Cover & cook for 3 minutes.
Drain & rinse with cold water.

In a large bowl combine potatoes, green beans, broccoli, & carrot.
Add pepper & salad dressing & toss to mix well.

Now, the recipe said to chill for at least 4 hours but, I let this sit in my fridge for about 40 minutes & it was just as delicious as Im sure it will be later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment