Thursday, July 26, 2012

BBQ Sloppy Joes

I had some friends over for dinner & Scrabble last night.  I was short on time between getting home from work, styling myself, & making dinner so I figured that I should make something reasonably quick that sounded tasty.  Boy, was I ever right!

Recipe from Family Circle.
Yields 10 servings.
173 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
1 lb 96% lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 yellow squash, diced
1 c barbeque sauce

DIRECTIONS
In a large non-stick skillet, combine beef, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, & pepper.
Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Add squash & cook for 4 more minutes.
Stir in BBQ sauce & heat for 3 more minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment