Monday, January 27, 2014

Spaghetti Frittata

I dont know what's my thing with pasta for lunch the past few weeks but, I dig it.  I think it's the carbs that fill me up and energize me.  This was a little bit of a challenge but, not a pain in the ass.

Recipe from Eating Well
Yields 6 servings
178 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
8 oz whole wheat spaghetti
4 tsp olive oil
3 onions, chopped
2 eggs
2 egg whites
1/2 c skim milk
1/3 c parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta according to box directions.
Drain & set aside.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onions & cook until golden, about 10 - 12 minutes.
Transfer onions to a bowl to let cool.
Wipe out the pan.

Whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk in a large bowl.
Stir in the onions, parmesan, basil, salt, & pepper.
Add the spaghetti.

Spray the pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
Pour in the egg mixture and distribute evenly.
Cook until the underside is golden, flip onto a plate & place back into the pan on the uncooked side.
Cook until the other side is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment