Sunday, January 19, 2014

Crispy Baked Avocado Fries

I saw this and thought it was an interesting concept.  When I tried them, I wanted to eat ALL of them.  They're crispy on the outside & soft on the inside.  I dipped them in ketchup but, I feel like you could use sour cream, too.  It's a little high in calories to be a side dish for my intake but, it was filling enough to have as a midday meal.

Recipe from Closet Cooking.
Yields 4 servings.
354 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
2 large avocados, sliced
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 c flour
1 egg, beaten
1 c panko

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425.

Season the avocado with salt & pepper.
Dip them in flour, then egg, & then panko.
Place on a baking pan.
Repeat until all pieces are coated.

Bake for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment