Sunday, January 5, 2014

Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken

I hadnt done a crockpot lunch in a while and this seemed simple enough.  The only change I made with this was adding 2 cups of cooked brown rice.  I thought it would be a nice addition to just chicken and a little more filling.

Recipe from Slender Kitchen.
Yields 8 servings.
177 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
3 tbsp garlic powder
1/3 c low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 c ketchup
1/4 c honey
Pinch red pepper flakes

DIRECTIONS
Whisk together garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, & honey.
Add chicken to the crockpot.
Pour in sauce & stir together.
Cook on low for 4 hours.


I found that in my crockpot, this only needed about 3.5 hours.  I put the crockpot on warm for the last half hour while I prepared the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment