Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breakfast Bruschetta

During the week, I like to have something quick before I have to get ready for work.  So, on the weeekends, Im happy to be able to take my time making breakfast.  I seldom have the same thing every week.  This particular dish was freakin' delicious.  You get an enormous portion and for only 121 calories.

Recipe from Slender Kitchen
Yields 1 serving
121 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp basil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 egg

DIRECTIONS
Mix tomato, basil, & vinegar in a medium bowl.

Heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the garlic & saute until fragrant & softened.
Add the tomato mixture to pan & simmer.
Turn off burner and set aside.

Prepare egg how you prefer -- I scrambled it.
Place egg on a plate & pour tomato mixture overtop.


I made 2 pieces of toast to eat along with this and it was a great combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment