Thursday, January 23, 2014

Garlicky Brussels Sprout Saute

As all of you know, I love brussels sprouts.  I saw this recipe & realized that I had all the ingredients to make this as a side tonight so, I did.  It's perfectly spiced & garlicky enough to sate my garlic obsession.  I served this aside grilled chicken breasts.

Recipe from Vegetarian Times
Yields 6 servings
87 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
1lb brussels sprouts
2 tbsp olive oil
12 cloves garlic, peeled & quartered lengthwise
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 dash salt
1 tsp black pepper
1.5 c water

DIRECTIONS
Place brussels sprouts in a food processor.
Pulse until shredded.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
Add garlic & cook until browned.
Increase heat to medium-high.
Add brussels sprouts, brown sugar, salt, & pepper.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until browned.
Add 1.5 c water & cook until water is evaporated.

Spice with a little more black pepper, if desired, & serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment