Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bacon Maple Shortbread

Happy New Year!  It's been a little bit since Ive posted and I apologize.  I have to confess, I havent been eating the healthiest the past few weeks or working out like I usually do, which totally sucks but, Im not back on the horse.

I actually made these for my boyfriend who -- like most normal humans -- completely loves bacon.  It's his favourite food group.  Haha.  When I looked at the calorie count, I realized that this would be perfect for the blog.

Recipe from Closet Cooking.
Yields 20 cookies.
99 calories per cookie.


INGREDIENTS
4 strips low-sodium bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 stick margarine, room temperature
1/4 c maple syrup
1 1/4 c flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

Cook the bacon & set aside on paper towels to drain.
Beat the margarine and syrup together until smooth.
Mix in flour, corn starch, bacon, & salt.

Spray down 2 baking pans with cooking spray.
Roll dough into balls & bake for 12 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment