Sunday, February 10, 2013

BBQ White Beans with Peppers

So for the past few weeks, Ive been making my father a southern-style bean dish so, I thought that I might make another version that I found for myself for lunch this week.


Recipe from BHG.com
Yields 6 servings
169 calories per serving

INGREDIENTS
1 green pepper, chopped
4 oz cooked ham, cut into strips
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 15 oz cans cannelli beans, rinsed & drained
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

In a skillet over medium high heat, cook ham in oil until browned.
Remove from skillet & add onion & garlic.
Cook 3 -4 minutes until tender.

Meanwhile in a casserole dish, place beans, ham, onion, garlic, pepper, mustard, vinegar, & maple syrup.
Stir together & bake for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment