Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ziti with Meat Sauce

When I told my roommates I was going to make ziti for Sunday dinner, they practically did cartwheels.  This is actually different from the usual ziti dish I make but, it was a little faster.  It's not as good as my other one but, I dont like to repeat myself too often.  Plus. this was a good way to wean myself off of the Mexican food binge Id been on for the past couple of weeks.


Recipe from Better Homes Test Kitchen
Yields 8 servings
297 calories per serving

INGREDIENTS
1 lb 96% lean ground beef
2 c shredded carrot
2 cans condensed tomato soup
2.5 c water
8 oz whole wheat rotini
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 c part-skim mozarella, shredded
1/4 c parmesan cheese, shredded

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot cook ground beef & shredded carrot over medium heat until meat is brown.
Stir in tomato soup, water, pasta, onion powder, & garlic powder.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, & cook for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
Stir in mozzarella cheese.

Spoon into bowls & sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment