Sunday, December 2, 2012

Kale Powered Pasta

I know that kale is kind of a trendy food right now.  God, that sounds so ridiculous to type but, it's true.  It falls into the organic cliche that's happening right now.  Long story short, I havent tried it before so I figured Id make a lunch with it.  There are few leafy greens that I dont like.  In fact, my green smoothie had kale in it tonight.

Recipe from Better Homes Test Kitchen.
Yields 6 servings.
221 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
6 oz whole wheat penne
8 oz kale
2 green peppers, cut into bite sized strips
24 oz jar marinara sauce
1/4 c basil
1/4 c reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, cook pasta accorfding to package directions omitting any salt.
Add kale & peppers for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Drain & return to pot.

Stir in pasta sauce & basil and heat through.

Sprinkle with feta cheese & serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment