Monday, December 31, 2012

Ham & Beans

I know I made something similar to this about a month ago, but I wanted something reasonably easy considering I just moved over the weekend.  When I chose this, I didnt realize that it was going to take hours to make.  At the end of the day, it was totally worth it because it was so tasty.

Recipe from Midwest Living
Yields 8 servings
249 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
1 lb dry cannalli beans
8 oz cooked ham, cubed
1 c onion, chopped
1/2 c ketchup
1 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS
Rinse beans.
In a large pot, combine beans & 8 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, & simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, cover, & let stand for an hour.
Drain & rinse beans.

In the same pot, combine all ingredients & 4 cups of fresh water,
Bring to a boil, cover, & simmer for 3 hours.
Add more water, if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment