Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fettuccine with Mushrooms & Basil

I love mushrooms.  The few days before I left for vacation & after I got back from vacation I ate mostly roasted garlic veggies & Im pretty sure I annhilated 2 containers of mushrooms.  This is actually a little higher in calories than I prefer in one meal but, come on.  It has mushrooms.

Recipe from Eating Well dot com.
Yields 4 servings.
311 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 c mushrooms
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
8 oz whole wheat fettuccine or angel hair
1/2 c parmesan, shredded
1/2 c basil

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Cook pasta according to package.
Reserve 1/2 c  of cooking liquid.
Strain & set aside.

Meanwhile, heat over in a large skillet over low heat.
Add garlic & cook for about a minute, until browned.
Add mushrooms & increase heat to medium-high.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice, salt, & pepper.
Remove from heat.

Add mushroom mixture to pasta & toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment