Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chorizo & Cheese Quesidillas

I changed this recipe up a little bit in terms of how I cooked it.  I dont have access to a grill right now so, I used a pan.  It doesnt change the calories or anything along those lines.  It just made it easier for me.

Recipe from BHG.com
Yields 6 servings.
232 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
8 oz mild Italian sausage
1/3 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 8 inch flour tortillas
1 c monteray jack cheese, shredded
Pam

DIRECTIONS
In a medium skillet cook sausage, onion, & garlic until meat is brown & onion is tender.
Drain fat & add jalapeno.
Stir & set aside.

Take one tortilla & place 1/2 c cheese all over.
Place 1/2 of sausage mixture on one half of tortilla & fold over.

Spray a pan with cooking spray & place folded tortilla in.
Cook tortilla until crisp. 
Flip & do the same on the other side.

Repeat with second tortilla.

I had this for dinner tonight & HOLY SHIT.  It was so delicious.  Definitely something Id make again.  I feel like this would be good for a date night in or even just having people over to hang out.  And with a calorie count so low, everyone wins!  

No comments:

Post a Comment