Sunday, May 13, 2012

Southwest Pasta Salad

Before I get into my recipe, Id like to thank everyone for their patience. I had a lot of personal things occur which prevented me from cooking but, things are resolved in terms of my living situation. So, I am back & ready to rock & roll!

Recipe from RO*TEL.
Yields 6 servings.
291 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
8 oz whole wheat rotini, dry
15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
10 oz can diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 c sour cream, reduced fat
1/2 c green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c red onion, chopped
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain & rinse under cold water.
Set aside.

Meanwhile stir together beans, undrained tomatoes&chilies, sour cream, pepper, & onion.

Add pasta & cheese.

This is quite a simple recipe & reasonably fast. I pre-made this for my lunches during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment