Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cheddar & Zucchini Fritattata

I love making some sort of delicious breakfast on a Saturday morning. It's part of my ritual before I start cleaning & doing whatever random errands I need to get done.

Recipe from BHG Test Kitchen.
Yields 4 servings.
115 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
4 eggs
1/2 c reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
12 oz zucchini, halved & sliced
4 green onions, sliced
cooking spray

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450.
Spray a circular baking pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, salt, & pepper.

In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add zucchini & onions.
Cook 5 - 8 minutes until tender, stirring frequently.

Place zucchini & onions into baking pan & pour egg mixture over top.

Bake for 11 minutes until top is golden.

I will admit, I altered this recipe a little bit. It actually asked you to use an oven-safe frying pan but, I dont have one so, I just made due.

No comments:

Post a Comment