Saturday, December 24, 2011

Ziti with Blue Cheese Sauce

You know, I tend to think of any pasta dish, especially with creamy sauce, as really high in fat. I stumbled across this in one of my daily emails & was taken aback by the low calorie count. So, of course, I had to make it. Plus, blue cheese sauce? Of course I wouldnt pass this up!

Yields 6 servings.
Recipe from BHG dot com via Recipe dot com emails.
223 calories per serving.

INGREDIENTS
1 c whole wheat ziti, dry
3 c frozen broccoli, cauliflower, & carrot mix
2 tbsp margarine
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c 1% milk
1/2 c blue cheese, crumbled
1/3 c low fat sour cream

DIRECTIONS
In a large sauce pan bring 2 qts water to a boil. Add pasta, return to boil, & cook for 5 minutes.
Add frozen veggies, return to boil, & cook for 6 minutes.
Drain pasta & veggies.

For sauce, melt margarine.
Stir in flour, salt, & pepper.
Add milk.
Cook and stir until thickened & bubbly.
Remove from heat & add blue cheese.

Pour sauce over pasta mixture & toss to coat.
Top with a sprinkle of blue cheese & serve.



This was so good & an easy Sunday dinner. I served this with bacon wrapped asaparagus, which will be the next recipe I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment