Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oven Roasted Green Beans

I was actually sort of scared of this recipe when I was reading the ingredients because Im not the biggest fan of vinegar. I figured that it was such a small amount that it wouldnt make a HUGE difference. When I put the vinegar in one of the mixtures, I was over-fucking-powered with the smell of vinegar but still, I proceeded. This ended up being delicious & not at all vinegar soaked. I think after roasting in it, it was diluted a bit & not so over powering. Success!

Yields 4 servings.
55 calories per serving.
Unsure where this recipe came from.

INGREDIENTS
3/4 lb fresh green beans, boiled to crips-tender
2 cloves garlic, peeled & thinly sliced
1 small onion, peeled & sliced into thin rings
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper, to taste.

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450.

Toss green beans with olive oil & vinegar to coat evenly.

Spread green beans in one layer across a baking pan.
Scatter the garlic & onions over the beans.
Bake for 15 minutes.

Sprinkle with salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment