Friday, December 2, 2011

Mini Cheese Danish

As you all know, Im a major cheese junkie. I love cheese in ALL forms (except Swiss) & cheese danish are one of my favorite fattening treats. These, however, are not so fattening. At 100 calories a pop, you really cant go wrong as a perfect weeknight dessert. My boyfriend swore that they were more fattening.

My only real issue with this recipe is that mine only yielded 32 danishes, instead of 40, as the recipes states. Also, the glaze required 2 tbsp of milk as opposed to one. (Im going to go ahead & list what I used, though.) Other than that, I had no issues.

The perk of this is that it's REALLY fast. In my mind, making any sort of danish seems rather time consuming. This was quick & baked quickly. I think that the only pain, as with any dessert that requires glaze or icing, you have to wait for them to cool.

Yields 32 danishes.
100 calories each.
Unsure where I got this recipe.

INGREDIENTS
8 oz pkg cream cheese, diced
2 10 oz cans crescent roll dough
1 tbsp margarine, softened
2 tbsp 1% milk
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp fat-free sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
1 c confectioners sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

Slice unrolled crescent dough into 1/8ths & then slice 1/8ths in half; each can of dough should yield 16 pieces.
Place the dough slices onto 2 cookie sheets & make an indentation in the middle.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice & vanilla extract.
Add a tbsp of filling to each roll.
Bake for 15 minutes.

In a small bowl stir together confectioners sugar, margarine, & milk.

After danish have cooled drizzle with icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment