Monday, October 31, 2011

Homemade Biscuits

Another recipe from one of my new cookbooks. I served this with the meat sauce I made last night & these were perfect for dipping. I actually altered the recipe a little because I didnt have buttermilk & thought that these should be a little more garlic-y; mostly because they were served with Italian.

Yields 12 servings.
208 calories per serving.
Recipe from Secrets Of A Skinny Chef.


INGREDIENTS
3.5 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 paprika
10 tbsp margarine, cut into 1 in pieces
1 c 1% milk
Olive oil spray
Garlic powder

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400.

Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, & paprika in a bowl & mix well.
Add the margarine & stir well until pea size crumbs form. (This step was a pain in the ass because I used a whisk like an idiot.)
Add the milk & use an electric hand blender until dough forms.

Form 12 balls & place on a cookie sheet greased with cooking spray.
Spray the top of each ball with olive oil spray & sprinkle with garlic powder.
Bake 15 - 20 minutes until rolls are baked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment