Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oatmeal Spice Muffins

Normally Saturday morning I like to bake or just make breakfast. Unfortunately, I had so much to get done yesterday that I didnt get a chance to do anything cooking/baking wise until later in the evening. My boyfriend had a friend of his over & they were playing video games & bsing so, I decided to get my baking in then. Haha.

These muffins are delicious & filling & would probably be an amazing breakfast or dessert. They're a little too rich to just be a snack.

The only real pain in the ass wait waiting for the oats & milk to set but that's merely because Im impatient and if Im going to cook/bake, I dont want to wait around for things but, that's me.

The aroma in the kitchen while these were baking was intoxicating. It smelled just like fall & it was kind of perfect because yesterday was the first day it actually felt like fall outside.

Yields 10 muffins.
217 calories per muffin.

INGREDIENTS
1 c rolled oats
1 large egg
1 c milk (I used 1%)
1/2 c margarine, melted
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Combine milk & oats & let stand for an hour.

Preheat oven to 400.
Line a muffin tin with 10 wrappers.

Stir in sugar, egg, & margarine into oat mixture.
Pile all remaining ingredients atop the mixture & stirring until just combined.
[DO NOT stir too well or muffins will become tough; nothing worse than a bad ass muffin!]

Divide batter evenly amongst muffin cups.

Bake for 25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment