Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuscan Style Tuna Salad

As I said in my previous post, lunches in my house were all about some tuna salad. This is a bit of a different twist, as it uses no mayonnaise at all. This dish is very protein-rich & lean. It's perfect for lunch because it's filling with a very small amount.

Yields 4 servings.
253 calories per serving.
From EatingWell.com.

INGREDIENTS
2 6oz cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
1 15 oz can small white beans
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients & stir gently.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.



Really fast & again, Im a fan of refrigerating tuna AND chicken salad for a day or two. However, I did have this for lunch today & it was scrumptious!

2 comments:

  1. i am weird about beans, but maybe i can leave it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they added a bit of texture. Pretty great but, I like beans.

    ReplyDelete