Sunday, March 10, 2013

Skinny (& Fast!) Tuna Noodle Casserole

I have a weird relationship with fish, especially because Im from Baltimore.  I dont eat seafood.  At all.  Except for tuna from a can and, at least around here, that's not considered authentic seafood.  Anyway, this is something I did a bit of a variation on.  I got the recipe from Velveeta but, I put it together a little differently than the recipe calls for so, Im going to post my variation.

Recipe from Velveeta
Yields 6 servings
290 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
3 c medium egg noodles, uncooked
8 oz 2% milk Velveeta, cut up
16 oz frozen cauliflower, steamable
1 can tuna
Black pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
Read instructions on bag of cauliflower & cook accordingly; place in a large container.
Drain tuna & add to container.

Meanwhile, bring 1.5 c water to a boil & cook noodles for 10 minutes.
Drain & add to container.
Add Velveeta, sprinkle with pepper, & place in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
Stir until everything is coated with cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment