Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken with Asparagus & Pistachios

When I moved to my new place, I was excited to learn that we had a wok.  So, of course, I immediately found something that required a wok.  Not to mention, this contributes further to my current asparagus love affair.

Recipe from Eating Well
Yields 4 servings
208 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
1 tbsp sesame oil
1.5 lbs fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1 in pieces
1 lb chicken, cut into 1 into bite-sized pieces
4 scallions, trimmed & cut into 1 in pieces
2 tbsp ginger
1 tsp chile-garlic sauce
1/4 c shelled salted pistachios

DIRECTIONS
Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
Add asparagus; cook stirring for 2 minutes.
Add chicken, cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
Stir in scallions, ginger, & chile-garlic sauce; cook, stirring, until the chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Stir in pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment