Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Beef Fajitas

I dont know if you have noticed but, I love Mexican / Tex Mex food.  It's probably my favorite kind of food next to Italian.  The other awesome thing about this is that it's perfect for a fast weeknight dinner.  My roommate and I went to the gym tonight & then I came home and made dinner.  It took 30 minutes tops.

Recipe from Family Circle
Yields 8 fajitas
210 calories a fajita


INGREDIENTS
1 lb flank steak
3 tsp fajita seasoning
1 tbsp canola oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded & thinly sliced
1 lg onion, thinly sliced
8 fajita - sized tortillas

DIRECTIONS
Cut steak across the grain into strips & toss with seasoning.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add peppers & onions & cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add steak & cook for 5 more minutes.

Spoon into tortillas & serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment