Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tater Tot Hot Dish

I dont have the nutritional facts for this recipe which is a bummer so, I wouldnt count on nutritional or low-cal value for that. And I apologize. I didnt realize it when I printed it out.

Anyway, this was a very fast dish for a Saturday morning. I actually ended up using the entire can of cream of mushroom like a dunce so, it came out a little creamier than it was supposed to. Still delicious, though! I ended up putting a little bit of ketchup on it while I ate it as well. The way I see it, you really cant eat tater tots without ketchup. [cue Napoleon Dynamite!]

INGREDIENTS

1 lb 96% lean ground beef
1/2 c cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1 15oz can of whole kernal corn
2 1/2 c tater tots (frozen)

Preheat oven to 400.

Brown ground beef; drain & put in a mixing bowl.
Add cream of mushroom & corn; mix well.
Sprinkle some salt & pepper into mixture (to taste).
Top with tater tots.

Bake for 30 minutes.



I found that baking for 35 minutes was more sufficient. 30 minutes did not allow for the all of the tots to brown/crisp completely. It couldve just been my oven, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment