Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake Bars

It was suggested to me to maybe review the process of making each recipe as I do it so, Im going to try it that way. I think my previous entries were a matter of laziness, which is pretty lame on my behalf so, I apologize.

Okay then. So, I know that this blog is supposed to be low-cal, low-fat recipes but, come on now. Every gal has a cheat day here & there. Usually, I give myself one day a week; usually Saturday (which I refer to as Faturday). I allow myself to eat whatever I want without any guilt. No nutrition facts will be listed for that purpose.

So, this is an indulgence recipe. I got it from my best friend's sister. They were actual a lot simpler to make than I expected. My one bit of advice would be to make sure you spray the baking pan before forming the crust. Im a dunce & completely forgot so some of the bars came out a little broken. D: In the long run, I suppose it doesnt matter because it certainly didnt take away from the deliciousness. Also, make sure that you have an electric hand mixer on hand because cream cheese is a pain in the ass to hand mix.

Okay. Onward!

INGREDIENTS

1 box of yellow cake mix (pudding in the mix)
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/3 c canola oil
2 eggs

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

Pour cake mix into a mixing bowl.
Add the oil & one egg & mix until crumbly.
Reserve one cup & the rest of the mixture into a 9x13 baking pan.
Gently press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
Bake for 15 minutes.

In another mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, & the other egg.
Beat on low until smooth.
Spread over the crust & sprinkle reserved mixture on top.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

Let cool & cut into bars.
(What I did with this, because I had errands to run was let the pan cool & then I put it in my fridge for a few hours. It made it easier to cut into bars.)

No comments:

Post a Comment