Saturday, May 3, 2014

Loaded Cauliflower Bake

I love roasted veggies and when I saw this on Emily Bites this past week, I knew I was going to make it at some point.  This kind of reminds me of a twice baked potato but with less carbs.  Perfect for my weeknight dinners this week!

Recipe from Emily Bites.
Yields 8 servings
164 calories per serving

INGREDIENTS
4 slices turkey bacon
1 lg head cauliflower, broken into florets
6 oz lowfat cream cheese, softened
1/2 c lowfat sour cream
8 oz lowfat cheddar jack cheese
3 scallions, chopped -- green parts only
2 cloves garlic, minced
A sprinkle of salt
Black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.
Spray a 9x11 cooking dish with olive oil cooking spray.

Cook bacon slices until crisp.
Set aside on a paper towel to dry & crumble.

Steam cauliflower. (I did it in the microwave.)

While cauliflower is steaming, combine cream cheese & sour cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer.
Add 6oz shredded cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, scallions, garlic, salt & pepper.
Stir until well combined.

When cauliflower is finished steaming, drain & place in baking dish.
Pour cream cheese mixture over and stir until well combined.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment