Sunday, April 27, 2014

Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad

I was actually going to make this for my dinner on Saturday night but, I got home so late from running all of my errands that I thought Id just pre-make my dinner for the week.  It's actually something I used to do all the time but then I got a grill pan.  Haha!

Recipe adapted from BHG
Yields 8 servings
312 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
1 package Perdue Fresh Cuts (I used the Grilled variety)
1 package whole wheat rotini
4 oz lowfat cream cheese, softened
1 jar salsa
1 avocado, seeded, peeled, & diced

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta according to box directions.
Drain well & rinse under cold water.
Place pasta back in the pot.

While pasta is cooking, place cream cheese & half of the salsa in a bowl; mix with a hand blender.

Pour cream cheese mixture over pasta & stir.
Pour remaining salsa in & stir.

Fold in avocado & chicken.

Place salad into a container, cover, & chill for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment