Sunday, April 6, 2014

Chicken Cashew Pasta Salad

My lunch this week is kind of a tribute to my best friend.  She and I have been friends since 2nd grade and whenever we'd hang out at her house on a Saturday, we would make chicken salad for lunch. Chicken salad forever makes me think of her.  So, with that said, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!


Recipe from Prevention RD
Yields 8 servings
312 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
8 oz whole wheat rotini
1lb roasted chicken, diced
1/3 c lowfat plain Greek yogurt
1/3 c + 2tbsp olive oil based lowfat mayonanaise
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c unsalted cashews

DIRECTIONS
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain & rinse under cold water & place in a large bowl.

Add chicken to the bowl & stir together.
Add yogurt, mayonnaise, & salt; mix well.
Fold in cashews & chill for up to an hour.


So there you have it.  This recipe was simple & hassle-free, just like my friendship with Lauren.  She's awesome because she's the kind of friend that you pick up right where you left off.  I hope all of you have friends like this.  It's a jewel to carry on your shoulder & in your heart.

(Yeah.  I totally just got completely sappy.  I even teared up a little while typing this.  Not remotely am I sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment