Friday, February 7, 2014

Garlic Pita Chips

Ive always wanted to make my own pita chips.  I feel like it's a precursor to making my own hummus.  I cant really explain the obsession other than they're a delicious & low calorie snack when they're home made.  Also, I substituted garlic pepper for the Italian herbs that the recipe calls for.  You guys know my love affair with garlic.

These were really tasty on their own!  The hummus will be a bonus.  Haha.

Recipe from Eating Well
Yields 8 servings (8 chips per serving)
117 per serving


INGREDIENTS
4 6inch whole wheat pitas
Olive oil spray
1 tsp garlic pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

Cut pitas into 8 wedges each & break apart at the fold.
Place the wedges rough side up on 2 baking sheets.
Spray with olive oil spray & sprinkle with seasoning.
Bake for 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment