Sunday, October 13, 2013

South of the Border Mac & Cheese

Hey guys. I know it's been a while since Ive updated you on my food adventures but, I have a good reason. I was getting ready to go see my fella in Arizona, then was out of town, & then had a really tough week last week.  BUT, I am back!  My vacation was fantastic and my man showed me a wonderful birthday.  Im lucky.  :]

Anyways, after having some amazing Mexican food out west, Ive been on a really hard Mexican food kick.  My cooking will NEVER match what I ate but, it's the same flavor family so we'll go with it.  Haha!

I actually altered this recipe to make it a little more diet friendly so the calorie count per serving may be less but, this is still pretty low cal so Im going to blog it as is.

Recipe from RoTel
Yields 10 servings.
308 calories per serving            


INGREDIENTS
2 packages of 2% milk Velveeta Mac & Cheese
1 lb ground turkey
2 cans diced tomatoes & chilies

DIRECTIONS
Prepare mac & cheese in a large saucepan as directed on box.

Meanwhile, cook and stir turkey in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink.
Stir in undrained tomatoes.
Reduce heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add beef mixture to pasta mixture & stir.


No comments:

Post a Comment