Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Twice-Baked Pesto Mashed Potatoes

I love twice baked potatoes & seeing this with pesto in it.  I knew I had to make it.  The original recipe tells you to bake the potatoes in the oven for an hour and a half but, I dont know about any of you but, Im a busy gal & I dont have time for that on a weeknight.  So, thank god for the microwave potato setting.  Anyways, I made this for my new roommate & I tonight and it was delicious!

Recipe from BHG dot com.
Yields 8 servings.
271 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
4 russet potatoes
1/2 c basil pesto
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1/4 c skim milk
salt & pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350.

Place potatoes in microwave (two at a time) on the potato setting.
Let cool, cut in half horizontally, & scoop out insides into a bowl.
Add pesto, 1/4 c of the cheese, & the milk; mix until smooth.
Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Spoon the mixture into the potato shells.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.

Bake for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment