Sunday, June 23, 2013

Spinach & Artichoke Pasta

I try not to eat too many carbs because they really make me blow up like a balloon but, when I do eat them I try to have them at lunch so that I can avoid the 3pm crash at work.  When I saw this recipe I had to go for it because I love spinach & artichokes together.  I did alter it a bit but, it's still inexpensive to make (as per the point of the particular blog I got it from) and really healthy.

Recipe is from Budget Bytes.
Yields 6 servings.
264 calories per serving.


INGREDIENTS
1 c marinara sauce
1.5 c whole wheat pasta, dry
1 pkg frozen steamable spinach
1 can artichoke hearts
1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add the pasta, bring back to a boil, & cook for 10 minutes.
While waiting for the pasta to cook, steam spinach in the microwave.
Strain & pour pasta into a large container.
Add the rest of the ingredients & stir.


No comments:

Post a Comment