Saturday, May 11, 2013

Minestrone Ole!

Ive had my house to myself all week so I figured Id make a crockpot meal.  This one didnt take a lot of time to put together in terms of prepartion.  It yields a lot more servings than I usually make for a weekly lunch but, I figured it would save me some time on the weekends.

Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens
Yields 12 servings
199 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
28 oz vegetable broth
1 15.25 oz can whole kernal corn, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 red potatoes, diced
2 c frozen green beans
1 c salsa

DIRECTIONS
In a crockpot combine black beans, tomatoes, broth, corn, garbanzo beans, potatoes, green beans, & salsa.

Cover & cook on high heat for 4.5 to 5.5 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment