Saturday, May 18, 2013

Greek Omelet

As a rule on Saturday and Sundays, I like to take time to make  my breakfast.  Im usually awake before my roommates and since I have the weekends off, I like to enjoy cooking my breakfast instead of rushing around like I have to on the weekdays.  This didnt take a ton of time, though.

Recipe from Eating Well
Yields 2 servings
267 calories per serving


INGREDIENTS
1/4 c cooked spinach
4 large eggs
1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
2 scallions, sliced
Ground pepper, to taste
2 tsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl blend eggs and spinach.
Add feta, scallions, & pepper.

Preheat broiler to high heat.

Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
Pour in egg combo & tilt evenly to distribute evenly.
Reduce heat to medium low & cook until bottom is golden, 3 - 4 minutes.

Place pan in oven for 2 minutes until eggs are set.


No comments:

Post a Comment