Sunday, October 1, 2017

Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad

So usually I make a healthy recipe and a not so healthy recipe.   This week's not so healthy recipe was an epic fail -- it was a bit too heavy for myself and my other half.  Not to mention, the flavor profile definitely was not for us.  I took this as a sign from the universe that I should probably be making less than healthy recipes less often.  Ive decided to make them once a month.  Not to mention, it helps me stay in line with eating healthier and trying to curb my binge eating.

I got this recipe from The Garden Grazer.  It is vegan and gluten-free.  I follow neither of those lifestyles but this was damned delicious.  It was so fresh tasting and was the perfect side for my work week lunches.



I N G R E D I E N T S
1 cucumber, diced
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
15 oz can chick pea, rinsed & drained

{dressing}
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt


P R E P A R A T I O N
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl & set aside.

Place all of the veggies in a larger bowl & pour dressing over top.
Toss to combine.
Let sit in the fridge overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment