Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mexican Pasta Salad (the not-so-healthy recipe)

So here we are, the not-so-healthy recipe for the week.  Living in the southwest enhanced my love affair with Mexican food.  Making friends with people of Mexican descent has made it even worse because those friends cook and bring me authentic Mexican food.  Just...YUM!

So, being that Im Polish and from the east coast and not the most experienced cook on the planet, I thought I would make something this week with the flavor profile that I really love.



INGREDIENTS

Salad:
16 oz salad macaroni, cooked
15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
15.25 oz can corn, drained
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
3 green onions, chopped

Dressing:
1 c salsa
1 c sour cream (I used half sour cream, half plain Greek yogurt)
1/4 c mayo
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt & pepper to taste

1. Mix the salad ingredients and the dressing ingredients separately.
2. Pour the dressing into the salad and stir until everything is evenly coated.
3. Let sit in the fridge for 3 hours, overnight for best results.

Apparently this week I had a thing for cold salads this week.  I realize that it's the first week of fall but here in AZ, it's still in the 90s during the day.

See ya'll next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment