Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mock Potato Salad & HELLO! I am back!

First of all, hello there!  It's nice to be back.  I kind of fell off of the cooking healthy train because Im spoiled.  My husband is an amazing chef but, he doesnt always cook the healthiest of foods.  Im back on the food prep train but with one slight difference.  Im going to make one recipe that is healthy and one that may not be the healthiest thing on the planet.  I will still make small changes that make the less healthy dishes a little more so.

Anyways, my current food obsession is cauliflower -- using it as a substitution.  Im by no means vegan or vegetarian but I LOVE vegetables.  If I didnt love chicken as much as I do, I would be vegetarian.

This seemed perfect for the week so here we go.



Recipe from nelliebellie.com

INGREDIENTS
A head of cauliflower
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
Mustard
Salt & pepper to taste

PREPARATION
1. Boil the cauliflower until tender, usually 10 minutes.  The other option would be to steam the cauliflower but, that usually takes longer.

2. Mix the cauliflower & the rest of the ingredients together.

3. Put in the fridge for at least 3 hours, overnight for even better results.


I have to say, as one who LOVES potatoes, this is AMAZING.  And a little lighter than traditional potato salad which was really nice because I was bringing it as a side for my work week lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment