Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cauliflower Parmesan

I dont know about you guys but, roasted veggies + cheese + low calorie = a win in my book.  After I cook all day on Sundays, Im ironically not super hungry by the time dinner time comes around.  This seemed filling and delicious to make for dinner.  Boy, was I right!  My only real complaint is that it took a little while but, by the time it was time to pull it out of the oven, my mouth was watering.

Recipe from Family Circle
Yields 8 servings
156 calories per serving

INGREDIENTS
1/4 c bread crumbs
1 head cauliflowers, seperated into flowerets
26 oz marinara sauce
2 c part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Scatter 2 tbsp bread crumbs over the bottom of a large baking dish.
Place half of the cauliflower on top.
Pour 1.5 c marinara over top of cauliflower.
Sprinkle 1 c mozzarella & remaining breadcrumbs.
Repeat layers once, ending with mozzarella.

Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.

Remove foil, sprinkle with parmesan & bake another 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment