Friday, April 19, 2013

Pumpkin Scones

To be honest, I like to make pumpkin stuff all year round.  My boyfriend loves it and I love the smell of anything pumpkin baking.  I usually do my baking on Saturday mornings but, I got the itch to do it tonight.  On the upside, I now have something sweet and reasonably healthy to eat when I get those urges for sweets.


INGREDIENTS
1 can pumpkin puree
1/2 c parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 c margarine, melted
1 egg
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
Black pepper
1 2/3 c all-purpose flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Skim milk

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, parmesan, margarine, egg, Worcestershire, salt, & pepper.
Stir to mix well.

In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, & baking soda.
Fold into pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.

Spoon mixture into each muffin cup.
Brush with milk & bake for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment